Montessori For Everybody is a place for Montessori teachers and all those interested in doing the work needed to create Montessori education. It is founded on the base that putting the ideas of Maria Montessori into action is the best hope for the world to become a more healthy, vibrant, and joyful place through its most precious resource: our children. It is also a place for beginning an exploration of applying these ideas fully to learning for people of all ages.
Most of all, it’s about you. If you got this far on our site, it’s about you. What do you need to use Montessori insights with your children or in your classroom? What can you contribute to help meet that need for another parent or educator? Maria Montessori was an education innovator, a brilliant philosopher, a pioneering medical doctor, and a gifted presenter. What too many people miss is that she was a practical scientist who quickly found a way to put abstract ideas, that many educational theorists endorsed, into day-to-day use in classrooms and homes. That’s what we’re about – helping you and your friends do that.
Montessori For Everybody is the creation of my husband, Jim, and myself, Souzzann Zink, in collaboration with people in many different Montessori communities.My thirty years plus of living and loving Montessori education began with a visit to a Montessori school in Florida. I immediately enrolled in an American Montessori Society affiliated primary (ages 2 1/2-6) teacher training program. My classroom experience, after my training, started with my own tiny Montessori home childcare program using mostly just homemade materials. From there, our school grew to a full primary environment in my new basement and on to a school for children ages 2 1/2 to 9 that served about 70 families a year with a staff of seven. We also offered special phonics instruction reading camps each summer. Over the course of ten years, about 300 families were a part of our school.
Since then, I have taught children ages 3 to 18 in public and private schools, including special education students, in both Montessori and non-Montessori settings. An essential part of my Montessori experience has been using these principles to teach and train adults in holistic health, movement therapy, phonics instruction, business, and creative arts.
Other highlights of my background include:
- MAED St. Catherine University Advanced Montessori ProgramsMontessori
- Educational Programs Institute (MACTE accredited) Elementary II (ages 6-12) credential
- Montessori international conference exhibits and presentations, 2006-present
- Trainer Level Certification, Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Utah teaching license
- International trainer and presenter in movement therapy and creative arts
- Thirty five years experience in education and training
- Director, Montessori Little House of Bountiful for 10 years
- Over 17 years Montessori classroom experience with children ages 3-12
- Author, co-author, and illustrator of books and manuals
- Montessori for Everybody Home Study Course – 8 manuals
- Phonics and Spelling for Everybody: Montessori Language Supplement
- Foundations of Movement
- Experiential Kinesiology
- The Yoga of Life: An Introduction to Holistic Living
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming: An Experiential Introduction
- A Lasting Legacy: Scrapbooks and Photo Albums that Touch the Heart
After spending the last seven years teaching, consulting, training, and administrating in Montessori schools in Utah and California, I’m excited to focus on sharing what I have learned over the years through products, this web site, other online communities, and consulting. My first student, my older son, is a partner in his law firm and I am now also blessed to be able to use what I have learned with his son and my other grandsons from my husband’s side of our family. You’ll also get to know a little bit about my younger son, Logan, seen below being a very fun uncle.
Jim and I have been married for twelve years and he is a professional photographer. He is also chief technical officer for all aspects of our business. In addition, we bring in the expertise of gifted Montessorians dedicated to creating an authentic, effective Montessori community that makes best use of recent developments in our profession while retaining all of Dr. Montessori’s essential ideas and practices. I am honored to be a part of this adventure.